By Neha Garg
Are you ready to make a super healthy and killer salad that has a combo of greens and berries? This spring mix salad has balsamic dressing as strawberries go perfectly with the acidic and tangy taste of balsamic. So let’s make this crunchy bright salad.
- Ready in 10 minutes
- Serves 4 people
- Calories per Serving 180 to 220
- Green Spring Mix of your choice (8 cups)
- Fresh Strawberries (2 cups)
- Pecans or Walnuts or Almonds (⅓ cup)
- Balsamic Vinegar (2 Tbsp)
- Olive Oil (4 Tbsp)
- Honey or Maple Syrup (2 tsp)
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Wash and slice Strawberries. Wash and dry salad greens.
- Toast Pecans on a skillet/pan till golden brown. Make sure not to burn them. If you have an air fryer, toast them at 350 F for 7-8 mins. You can use the oven too. Use Walnuts or Almonds if you are not a pecan fan. Don’t skip this step. Toasted nuts taste 1000x better.
- Once cold, break each in 3-4 pieces.
- Dressing: In a bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, honey, a pinch of salt, and freshly crushed black pepper. Then add one Tbsp of olive oil at a time and keep whisking to give it a creamy texture.
- Spread greens on a plate. Add Strawberries and drizzle the dressing.
- Top with roasted pecan pieces. Add cranberries if you like. I added some feta cheese on my husband’s plate – he loves cheese on anything.
- Toss and Enjoy!!
You can add pre-made salad dressings instead of making balsamic vinegar-olive oil dressing. I have tried Trader Joe’s Asian Style Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette and Ken’s Foods Fat-Free Raspberry Vinaigrette for this salad. All three taste great!
Doctor by profession, cook by passion and traveler at heart.